Module 2 Question 1
I am in a family nurse practitioner program that focuses on substance abuse and addiction; I live in a rural area and have noticed a problem with prescription drug abuse especially in the adult population. I decided to search for information regarding the prevalence of prescription drug abuse in adults in the rural setting. I chose PubMed for my electronic index, and followed the simple tutorials available. I felt this index was easy to use, and user friendly. It has links upon links as far as where you can take your search. This part can be time consuming if you allow it. PubMed kept a history of my search terms along with how many references were retrieved, I found this useful. Setting the “limits” was EXTREMELY helpful. I felt this search process was a little time consuming, but I’m not sure if it was because I am still learning this “search” concept or not. I found myself twisting my words around and around trying to find more info.
The only barriers to using this simple tool are lack of experience in searching and navigating this website for new users (like me). I feel that this is a website that I will use in the future. I loved all of the links available, like in the MeSH and “Related Topics” category.
No comments:
Post a Comment