Module 2 Question 2
I chose to utilize EndNote…as was suggested. I think I’m really going to like this tool. I found it very easy to retrieve my citation list from PubMed. First, I registered myself in PubMed, and added it to my favorites list. PubMed saved all of my searches (yahoo)! Second, I opened EndNote, on the left side toolbar I chose PubMed as my online search method. Third, I re-opened my PubMed account on a separate web page, and low-and- behold!, there was all of my saved info. Four, on the EndNote bottom search toolbar, I chose “PMID” from the left- hand drop down box that always is defaulted to say “author”. Then after PMID was chosen I went back to my PubMed directory webpage, at the bottom of every cited article there is verbiage that says “PMID: 1999887”, (or PMID: and a number association). I high-lighted then copied the number associated with PMID, in this case the number 14999887, and pasted it into my EndNote search directory at the bottom of the page, in the square just adjacent to PMID (to the box on the right). So easy! It imported all of my citations into my library. I then chose to make a “Group” called “Rural Rx Drug Abuse” and sorted all of my just retrieved info there.
I just need to give a little shout out to Jean LeBer! I am so grateful I received her (brief) training on EndNote. I found myself a little tentative to try it and now am feeling more confident with its applications. I touched on only a smidge of what this software can do. You can arrange your articles by date, or author; import selected articles, export selected articles; it will automatically cite (in APA format as well as others) for you; you can locate parts of text in your library, copy and paste what you find important there, add your own note to this section and it will save it for you. This will come in handy for research paper writing…no need to re-read an article just copy and past what is important to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment